Blog sans reader

Hello and welcome to Ernst U. Boarking's blog about stuff & stuff-all.
Warning: Some material in the blog may not be suitable.



Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Unlucky #13... del.icio.us

At Hume, we're pulling our hair out, battling our ridiculously restricted network. I have to warn you Big Sister, anyone here who doesn't have the 'Net at home is not going to be able to complete this course, at least whilst maintaining their sanity.

I've set myself up on del.icio.us but can't add anything until I get home and install the little toolbar thing. Then I'll decide if it's any good.

On tagging: As an old school cataloguer, I have to say these freeform tags give me the sh***! It's the way of the world, though, and my career is for the dinosaurs.

3 comments:

  1. That's sad...we did send a list of links out to all manages to pass onto IT departments so you weren't restricted.
    Good luck!!

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an ex-cataloguer, I'm actually enjoying this freeform language thingie. Why should we be restricted by how we are ostensibly meant to think? Language is a fluid entity after all, and our synaptic similaries mean that there will always be others who share our thought i.e. language patterns and thusly our tags...

    BTW -- I've left a wee sommat on my blog for you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynette,
    We can pass these things onto our IT, alas they probably use it for bog roll.

    Larrikin,
    You are clearly an old hippie-anarchist (this might be a good thing!)

    ReplyDelete