Blog sans reader

Hello and welcome to Ernst U. Boarking's blog about stuff & stuff-all.
Warning: Some material in the blog may not be suitable.



Friday, June 20, 2008

Lucky rd. 13 (and use of semi-colons)

I keep having good ideas for writing decent blog posts but never manage to finish them lately; so it's back to the footy where even I'm losing interest after a disatrous last round of 4 miserable ticks. Now, suddenly six off the pace at work, I find myself looking for the upset each round to play myself back into contention. This week is easy, the upset is my nice bombers.

(Did you notice that semi-colon in the first sentence? Neat, huh? I got complimented this week for my use of a semi-colon in an email; it's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, but now I'm a bit scared to use them in case I muck it up. No point in being timid, I guess)

FREO are back, especially against the SAINTS
HAWKS, PORT, DOGGIES and SWANNIES, no worries
LIONS over CROWS, but bit worried
DONS to do to BLUES what Blues did to Pies.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, don't go overboard with the semi-colons there, ernst. a light sprinkling makes a bolder impression, i think, and i question the correctness of your semi-colon usage (x2) in this post. have you read "eats, shoots and leaves"? if not, i'll have to lend it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I admit I was laying it on a bit thick, it's my crazy semi-colon humour, honest, in future I'll be more carefull. However, I don't have time to read "eats, shoots and leaves" so I'll probably always struggle a bit. (Should it be one "L" in "careful"?)

    ReplyDelete