Blog sans reader

Hello and welcome to Ernst U. Boarking's blog about stuff & stuff-all.
Warning: Some material in the blog may not be suitable.



Monday, January 28, 2008

headhurts

Ooh, me'ead...


The NY Less alcohol resolution has suffered a long weekend hammering with barely a let up from Friday lunch to the early hours of this morning.


However, in a spirit of keeping positives, I can at least hold my head up and state that amidst all the adventures in the wee hours there was no loss of either coherence, motor function or memory. All three collapsed back on NYE, and it's this that we fear most, and most wish to avoid.


So coherent was I in a 4am cab ride this morning, after six hours of putting myself outside of a number of mountain goats (the beer variety, rather than the animal) that I conversed with the Somali cab driver about the dire situation of things in East Africa, whilst we listened to the World Service on News Radio. We reflected that we're pretty lucky to live in a stable democracy where prime ministers go graciously, exit stage right when the people say so.


The ride started on a sour note though when my saying that I was going to Glenroy prompts the driver to demand to see the colour of my money before seeing fit to proceed. The initial impulse is to get riled, but when you think of what your average poor driver has to put up with you think perhaps it's fair enough.


I've decided to say no more on the more nookie front. It seems to me that a gentlemen does not comment on such thing, and Boarking has decided he probably shouldn't either. Perhaps, there's nothing much to report anyway. Perhaps both scenarios hold true.


Anything big, in the future, such as pregnancies created or marriages participated in, might get a mention.


A mate, let's call him Bert, on my querying his spending a $100 to attend The Police concert, suggested that I was so parsimonious that I'd not spend $100 on my own wedding. He has a point, your Boarking can be as tight as a gnat's chuff when the mood takes him.


It might be an idea, in the spirit of self improvement, to work a little on a spirit of generosity, as much with myself as anyone. To give more than you receive.


A third resolution, indeed.


Not a bad idea, though I'd still not give a green note to see a band 30 years past their peak!





Technorati Tags ,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment