Blog sans reader

Hello and welcome to Ernst U. Boarking's blog about stuff & stuff-all.
Warning: Some material in the blog may not be suitable.



Monday, May 26, 2008

PM visits Boarking

Our workplace was graced last week with Chairman Kev, the radiant Julia G., and other luminaries such as local-boy-made-good Eddie Maguire.

Many of my colleagues got to share a buffet breakfast with the main man, impressions it seems were positive.

Alas, it was not seen fit to give Boarking a head's up, my manager was "sworn to secrecy" and was only able to share the news with close friends and favored underlings. It wouldn't, I feel, have risked state security to suggest that I might want to come in early on the morrow.

Maybe it was feared that the sometimes opinionated and forthright Boarking might cause a diplomatic incident, but I would have just said thanks for getting rid of the inequitable Medicare surcharge slug on those of us on moderate incomes with the good economic and political sense not to have signed up to the private medicine rort.

I'll find plenty to have a go at Kev and his gov over the next couple of years, but credit where it's due on the surcharge and for being nice to my colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment