Blog sans reader

Hello and welcome to Ernst U. Boarking's blog about stuff & stuff-all.
Warning: Some material in the blog may not be suitable.



Friday, July 11, 2008

Turning into the home straight...

Still recovering from Sunday's horror. I've barely had a wink of sleep since.
Now as the Council tipping comp turns for home at round 15, I find myself a bit off the pace, cracking the whip with fury.
In this somewhat strained analogy, "cracking the whip" means tipping underdogs. The best u-dog to be tipping of late, is my Dons who are coming good. The Bombers have had a decent run of late at the 'Dome against Brisbane. 2001 was a long time ago.
Lots of close games this week according to the bookies. I'm going for the home teams apart from the Tigers. They've got form at Subiaco and can continue the Eagles losing streak, I hope.
My apologies to Blues fans: my tipping against the Saints will likely ensure they win.
STOP PRESS: Just heard on the radio that Richo is out. Maybe I should go all home teams?
Oooh, indecision creeping in.

4 comments:

  1. bet you're kicking yourself now.

    i know i said i'd stop harping on about your punctuation and spelling, but "lot's" is an egregious error that cannot be overlooked. please read the book i leant you... please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course, i meant "lent". serves me right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Misch,
    I was so shocked by the errant apostrophe that I had to go back and remove it.
    Yes, I do feel a dill for changing my tip (and for many other reasons too)
    Yes, it does serve you right!

    ReplyDelete